"Comfort, simplicity, quality & beauty...that sums up our stay..." TripAdvisor.com
Ten Reasons to Stay at the Adobe on Green Street
1. Location. The Adobe is three blocks from downtown. WalkScore.com rates the Adobe a "Walker's Paradise" with a score of 98 out of 100, the highest rating of any hotel, motel, inn or B&B in Santa Cruz.
2. Quiet Rooms. Not one of our bedrooms share a common wall with one another. This means you don't get noise from the room next door.
3. Comfort. Up to half of your time spent at the Adobe will be in bed. That's why we havehand-made natural latex pillow-top beds. We also use high thread count cotton linens and blankets.
4. Cleanliness. We show our respect to you by making sure your room is clean and perfectly prepared.
5. Beauty. The Adobe and its setting are beautiful, simple, elegant, and tasteful. Surrounded by gardens, the views out every window are lovely. Many of our guests call the Adobe romantic.
6. Privacy. We're not the kind of place where the innkeeper hovers over you and observes your every move. We respect your privacy and allow you to have your independence.
7. Wifi & Plugs. We have a free wifi and places to plug things in, Most hotels are stingy with their electric outlets. We guarantee at least 10 easily accessible plugs in each room.
8. Sustainability. Eighty percent of our electricity is from solar panels on our roof. We avoid 6 tons of carbon dioxide emissions each year. We also use those panels to power our electric vehicle charging station. We make our own natural cleaning solution and use it throughout the inn.
9. No Minimum Stay. Come for one night if you wish. There is never a minimum stay at the Adobe ever. Even during holidays.
10. Free Parking. Yup, free onsite parking.
Four Reasons to Stay Somewhere Else.
1. Fancy Breakfast. Many B&B's specialize in fancy gourmet breakfasts where the hosts serve each guest to order. That's not what we provide at the Adobe. Our breakfast is a self-serve buffet that is healthy, tasty and simple. If you're looking for a fancy breakfast we recommend three places in the county: Flora Vista Inn, Fairview Manor and Sand Rock Farm.
2. Late Night Check-in. A midnight arrival at a hotel generally won't disturb other guests. B&B's are small and any late night arrival will disturb others. If you need to arrive late, we suggest you look for a hotel that is designed with this in mind.
3. Early Breakfast. Our Breakfast buffet is ready at 7:45am each morning. If you need coffee and breakfast before that hour you might want to reserve a room at the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express on Ocean Street. Their buffets are open at 6:00 each morning.
4. More than Two in a Room. We have an occupancy limit of two per room at the Adobe. If you are looking for room for three or four we recommend the Hampton Inn or the Babbling Brook Inn.