"Comfort, simplicity, quality & beauty...that sums up our stay..." TripAdvisor.com
Ten Reasons to Stay at the Adobe on Green Street
1. Location. If you're planning a visit to Santa Cruz, make sure to choose lodging that is in town, not far from restaurants, shops and cafes. The Adobe is three blocks from downtown. WalkScore.com rates the Adobe a "Walker's Paradise" with a score of 100 out of 100, the highest rating of any hotel, motel, inn or B&B in Santa Cruz.
2. Quiet Rooms. A persistent problem for small inns and hotels is thin walls. Most walls here are 17 inch thick adobe and our bedrooms don't share a common wall with one another. It's popular these days for hotels to have a mini fridge in the room. Nice idea, but it puts a noisy appliance in your room that hums all night. We have a big kitchen refrigerator that you can use so your room is quiet.
3. Comfort. Up to half of your time spent at the Adobe will be in bed. That's why every room features hand-made natural latex pillow-top beds. Spend one night in these beds and you won't want to leave. We also use high thread count cotton linens and blankets. We don't sleep on polyester, why should you?
4. Cleanliness. We spend a lot of time at the Adobe working on maintenance and thorough cleaning. We show our respect to you by making sure your room is clean and perfectly prepared.
5. Beauty. Of course, we're a little biased, but the Adobe and its setting are beautiful, simple, elegant, clean and tasteful. Surrounded by gardens, the views out every window are lovely. Many of our guests call the Adobe romantic.
6. Privacy & Flexibility. We're not the kind of place where the innkeeper hovers over you and observes your every move. We respect your privacy and allow you to have your independence. This is what we prefer when we travel and we have made it a priority here.
7. Wifi, Parking & Plugs. We have a free wifi and off-street parking. Places to plug things in is a pet peeve of ours when we travel. Most hotels are stingy with their electric outlets. Where are we supposed to plug in our phone, camera, iPod, iPad? At the Adobe we guarantee six accessible easy to reach plugs in each room.
8. Sustainability. We are all learning to use resources more wisely. Eighty percent of our electricity is generated with solar panels on our roof. Our solar system avoids 6 tons of carbon dioxide in the air each year. We also use those panels to power our electric vehicle charging station. We make our own natural cleaning solution and use it throughout the inn.
9. No Minimum Stay. Come for one night if you wish. There is never a minimum stay at the Adobe ever. Even during holidays.
10. Published Rates and Good Value. It's popular now to quote rates only after you have input the dates of your stay. Inn rates often fluxuate with demand. Our rates are published right on our rooms page and are generally 10-20% below other quality inns in Santa Cruz.
Four Reasons to Stay Somewhere Else.
1. Fancy Breakfast. Many B&B's specialize in fancy gourmet breakfasts where the hosts serve each guest to order. That's not what we provide at the Adobe. Our breakfast is a self-serve buffet that is healthy, tasty and simple. If you're looking for a fancy breakfast we recommend two places in south county: Flora Vista Inn and Sand Rock Farm.
2. Late Night Check-in. Hotels have lobbies that separate the arrival activities from the guest rooms. A midnight arrival at a hotel generally won't disturb other guests. B&B's are small and any late night arrival will disturb others. If you need to arrive late, we suggest you look for a hotel that is designed with this in mind.
3. Early Breakfast. Our Breakfast buffet is ready at 7:50am each morning. If you need coffee and breakfast before that hour you might want to reserve a room at the Hampton Inn on Ocean Street. Their buffet is ready at 6:00 each morning.
4. More than Two in a Room. We have an occupancy limit of two per room at the Adobe. If you are looking for room for three or four we recommend the Hampton Inn or the Babbling Brook Inn.